The Rwanda Youth in Agribusiness Forum (RYAF) is a nationwide platform whose purpose is to change the current perception among the youths vis-à-vis the agriculture sector in Rwanda, while orienting them to seize investment opportunities through awareness creation, skills development, and advocacy support services. The idea is to create a critical mass of change agents to influence transformation of agricultural business landscape with courage, determination and positive attitude.
It is a platform of young entrepreneurs operating in any sub-sectors of agribusiness value chain (crop and/or livestock production, agro-processing, inputs and other agro-services as well as ICT in Agriculture). Officially launched in May 2016 with the aim to rejuvenate the sector here in Rwanda, RYAF strive to change and challenge youth mindset vis-à-vis agribusiness opportunities for food and nutritional security and sustainable job creation. The forum is officially legalized in the official gazette number 50 of 11th December 2017.
RYAF currently serves a membership of nearly 4,300 young agri-preneurs, and anticipates the growth of this number at least three-fold in 2018.
To be able to deliver services that meet members and partners’ expectation, RYAF is looking for a dedicated staff team to carry out responsibilities related to day-to-day operations of the Forum as follow:
- Business Development Manager (1)
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Membership Coordination, Member-centered Programs, Services and Benefits
- Developing and leading a strategic membership development program designed to increase total membership and membership dues revenue.
- Being highly focused on providing superior service to our members
- Works with the Board and other members of the RYAF Senior management to produce and coordinate special programming for RYAF members.
- Conducts all activities related to RYAF member acquisition, on boarding, retention, dues structure, membership renewal and communications needed to achieve RYAF’s Strategic Plan and the Forum’s membership goals.
- Develops new, proactive programs to increase membership and further engage existing members.
- Provide creative leadership and management of RYAF membership experience and programs in order to grow membership in the Forum.
- Ensure membership service offerings are current, appropriate, forward looking, and reflect the needs of RYAF members and clients.
- Recommend and develop new programs and services for RYAF members as necessary.
- Lead the overall administration of member support services.
- Work with the Board to develop surveys and other assessments to monitor member satisfaction and trends.
- Maintaining a high level of member satisfaction.
Business Development Optimization for the Forum and its members
- Developing and implementing RYAF’s framework for delivering integrated business development services to youth in agribusiness.
- Searching for opportunities that support member businesses and regularly share the information to eligible members in a timely manner; especially in the areas of entrepreneurship, business management, coaching, and access to capital.
- Developing proposals for submission to potential partners to collaborate on the development RYAF member businesses.
- Work with the Capacity Building Manager to develop and propose ongoing technical and managerial training programs for RYAF members.
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships with current members to encourage participation in RYAF activities.
- Assist with collaboration efforts with other like-minded professional Forums and organizations to promote RYAF business interests
Events, Communications, Marketing
- Responsible for acting as the main point of contact for member-related services and inquiries
- Coordinating all member-centered events including event planning, participants and guests invitations and overall publicity and visibility.
- Prepares monthly newsletter for members from inputs given by each RYAF Unit/Department.
- Responsible for personally calling existing, prospective and inactive members to determine member needs and reasons where applicable; and design plans to increase members’ commitment to the Forum.
- Directing the development and implementation of member communications using fresh content and technologies to inform, engage, retain, and grow membership; to include social media, e-newsletters, direct mail, email campaigns, and updates to the BSA web site.
- Working with staff on communicating member needs, services, and pertinent information for website, newsletters, and other communication vehicles.
- Coordinating with RYAF Communications and Marketing Officer to assist in communications and marketing efforts that feature or benefit RYAF members.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of advertising and promotional campaigns designed to support memberships.
Member Records Management
- Developing and ensuring proper maintenance of an accurate membership management system including members’ database, member programs data, success stories and activity management.
- Manage and oversee the integrity of the RYAF membership and prospect database; keep records up-to-date and accurate.
- Update websites with member-related content in coordination with IT staff.
Governance and Financial Administration
- Identify and analyze emerging membership and historical issues for the staff and Board.
- Coordinates and receives reports from all cluster leaders
- Monitors and reports on key metrics related to membership and generate reports to inform engagement strategy including monthly membership status update/reports for each cluster.
- Work in support of all other RYAF programs as and when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for the Business Development Manager:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Business Administration, Management
- Vast experience in business development and training (Minimum 5 years)
- 5 years of professional experience working with entrepreneurs of various sizes, especially SMEs.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and openness to learning and working with new technology.
- Ability to exercise highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters related to RYAF member businesses and to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Experience developing and implementing membership programs.
- Experience setting and achieving annual membership targets.
- Strong verbal and written, listening and communication skills.
- Superior management and analytical skills.
- Ability to strategically solve problems and make effective decisions.
- Ability to travel countrywide, especially in rural areas
- Reporting to Chairman of RYAF Board
- Change Management, Organizational Support, Strategic Thinking, Innovation, Motivation, Judgment, Dependability, Strong Written and Oral Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, High levels of Ethics and Professionalism.
- Research, Consultancy and Extension Manager (1)
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Gather, disseminate information and create comprehensive documentations containing technical know-how in various fields of agribusiness.
- Identify research that positively affect RYF’s programmatic areas and develop recommendations on RYAF involvement.
- Develop proposals to mobilize resources for RYAF research and extension services initiatives.
- Design and coordinate the RYAF consultancy team.
- Advise on consultancy opportunities that RYAF can pursue from NGOs, government stakeholders, and other prospective partners.
- Contribute to proposal development and implementation consultancy projects.
- Coordinate managers and staff of active consultancy projects to ensure that RYAF meets and exceeds programs
- Collaborate with managers of active projects to ensure proper ongoing Monitoring and Evaluation activities including data collection, analysis, and report writing.
- Ensure documentation and reporting on all RYAF work related to research, consultancy and extension services including case studies.
- To undertake other duties as required by the Chairman of RYAF from time to time
- To work flexibly and closely with RYAF board and senior management staff
- To maintain confidentiality over personal information relating to RYAF staff, stakeholders and clients
- Reporting to Chairman of RYAF Board
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Business Administration or Agribusiness Management; and a proven Senior Management experience,
- The experience should include at least a minimum of 3 years in a similar role working with an institution that focuses on business consulting.
- Supervisory skills; leadership skills; and team management skills;
- Coordinating multi-faceted projects
- Strong skills in projects design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as public speaking skills;
- Superior attention to detail; organisational skills;
- Exceptional ability in projects planning, fund-raising and focusing resources
- Critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills;
- Multi-tasking abilities; integrity, honesty.
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- To provide secretarial and administrative support to the RYAF Chairman,
- To attend and service RYAF Executive Committee/General Assembly meetings and take minutes and distribute after meetings along with any other relevant materials and to attend other meetings/events in a secretariat capacity as and when required.
- Establishing and maintaining computerized databases of the Forum’s contacts, service providers and other relevant information as required.
- Organizing travel and accommodation for the RYAF Chairman, other executive committee members and district coordinators,
- Establishing and maintaining filing systems as appropriate in line with the Procedure Manuals od the Forum,
- General administration/clerical support including photocopying, mail-outs, stationery and equipment supplies and filing,
- Maintaining the overall standard of the office space including liaising with cleaning services and keeping an equipment inventory of all capital, fixture and fittings.
- Assisting with the promotional activity of the RYAF, including responding to information requests from members of the public and assisting with the co-ordination of events and conferences.
- To assist with the dissemination of information to Youth Forum members e.g. updating RYAF Website and Social media.
- To maintain office equipment and liaise with suppliers regarding maintenance and supplies.
- Demonstrate integrity by modeling the Rwandan Labor values and ethical standards.
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of RYAF.
- University degree in public administration, secretarial studies or related fields.
- Strong computer literacy skills with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of 2 years work experience administration,
- Experience working secretarial duties within international organizations, and major donors or major business or government institutions.
Application procedures to all positions
The following are the key guidelines to apply for the above RYAF job offers (All Positions):
- Letter of application addressed to the RYAF Chairman,
- Curriculum Vitae of not more than 2 pages with at least 3 professional references,
- National ID,
- Latest employment completion certificate,
- Degrees and certificates copies,
- Hard copies must be submitted at RYAF Head Offices located in at MINAGRI-Former Ministry Building/Kacyiru, not later than October 3rd, 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage of selection processes.
Jean Baptiste Hategekimana
Rwanda Youth in Agribusiness Forum
Former MINAGRI Building
Kacyiru, KG 569 St